Be Bright Be Seen stall
About this activity
Suitable for all schools and nurseries.
Hold a stall selling hi-vis clothing, lights and other road safety equipment to encourage pupils, parents and staff to kit themselves out for travelling on dark mornings and evenings.
You can decorate the stall with road safety posters to educate about the importance of being visible when walking, cycling and running in the dark.
You can run the stall as a one-off event or regularly throughout the year. A good time to hold your first event is when the clocks go back and it gets darker earlier.
What you’ll need
- A place to display the merchandise – ideally somewhere busy that pupils and parents/carers pass by regularly
- Budget to cover the cost in advance
- Volunteers to help run the stall on the day
- A cash float or card machine to take payments
How to evidence your activity
- Involve your borough officer: Share your ideas, agree your targets and discuss any challenges you face
- Record the feedback from your pupils, parents/carers and volunteers
- Add your story to the STARS website. Explain the activity, add photos of the stall and include pupils’ and volunteers feedback. Also include any promotional materials you produced
Thank you to Eglinton School in Greenwich for contributing this activity.
This activity supports the Vision Zero target to eliminate death and serious injuries on London’s streets.
This activity counts towards:
- Travel activity
How it helps
- Opportunity for JTA/YTA involvement
- Encourages road safety and awareness
- Encourages parental participation