Attend a TfL or borough school travel event
About this activity
Suitable for all nurseries, primary and secondary schools.
Transport for London (TfL) events:
TfL holds annual seminars across the Capital to celebrate nurseries’ and schools’ commitment to active and safer travel, along with sharing innovative ideas to progress their school’s travel activities.
You and your pupils can attend these fun, interactive seminars during the Autumn Term each year. On the day you will have the chance to focus on your nursery or school’s key travel issues or behaviour you’d like to improve, and identify suitable activities to encourage positive change in these areas.
Borough workshops and events:
Your borough may also hold events to celebrate your successes and workshops to help plan your activities for the year. Look out for invitations from your Borough Travel Planning Officer.
How to evidence your activity
- Engage with your borough Travel Planning Officer: Share your ideas, agree objectives and discuss any challenges you face
- Record the feedback from pupils and staff. Take pictures of staff and pupils engaging during the seminar or workshop you attend
- Sign in to your TFL Travel for Life account to add your story. Add photos from the day, include pictures of the exercises you completed and resources you used at the event, and your pupils’ feedback
This activity counts towards:
How it helps
- Supports all STARS travel activities
- Opportunity for JTA/YTA involvement