Just a Journey
About this activity
Suitable for primary school children (Key Stage 2).
Just a Journey is a mixed media activity that tackles road safety issues and encourages safer behaviour when on or near roads. The classroom resources that support the activity include a DVD featuring six scenarios with multi-level interactive games, activities and worksheets. They support key areas of the school curriculum as well as covering Citizenship and Personal, Social and Health Education (PSHE) issues.
Running the activity
Just a Journey is designed to be flexible and easy to use. It can be introduced in a variety of ways to suit your own classroom settings or a whole school curriculum approach. It also makes an excellent activity for your Junior Travel Ambassadors (JTA) to facilitate.
Speak to your borough officer to order the resources and discuss ways to deliver the activity.
How to evidence your activity
- Involve your borough officer: Share your ideas, agree your targets and discuss any challenges you face
- Record the feedback from your pupils. Note how they have used the resources and how this has helped you meet your targets
- Log in to STARS to add your story. Explain the activity, add photos and include your pupils’ feedback
This activity counts towards:
How it helps
- Encourages road safety
- Promotes positive behaviours
- Supports PSHE and multiple curriculum areas