About this activity
Suitable for the whole school community. Supports the PE National Curriculu
Bike Week is an annual opportunity to promote cycling at your school. Add your event to the official website so that the local community can find out about what you’re doing and get involved, too. The kind of activity you run during this week is up to you, so long as it encourages safe, sustainable cycling.
Most Bike Week events take place within the official event week in June - this year it takes place from 6th June -June 12th 2022. However, you can register events on the site all year round.
Here are some ideas for events your school could register for Bike Week:
- Sponsored cycle-to-school week: Work with your Junior Travel Ambassadors (JTA) to set up a sponsored event
- Bikers' breakfast: Reward cyclist with a healthy breakfast
- Dr Bike: Work with your local bike shop or bike recycling centre to provide a bike health check session at your school
- Cycling trip: Organise a biking excursion with your cycle club, class or at the weekend with your pupils and their families
Work with your JTA and school travel working group to decide on and plan activities for during the week.
Find out more on the Bike Week website.
This activity counts towards:
- Travel activity
How it helps
- Supports the PE National Curriculum
- Encourages daily active travel
- Gateway to other cycling initiatives