About this activity
Suitable for nursery, primary and secondary schools.
Eco-Schools is an international award programme that guides schools on their sustainable journey, providing a framework to help embed ecological principles into the heart of school life.
Like STARS, Eco-Schools encourages children to travel to school sustainably and actively. It aims to instil good habits at school that in turn lead to positive change in behaviour at home and in the wider community.
If you choose to work towards an Eco-Schools award this also counts towards your STARS accreditation. You will receive support through a range of resources, tools and advice provided by the Eco-Schools team.
For more information visit the Eco-Schools website where you can sign up to take part.
How to evidence your activity
- Involve your borough officer: Share your ideas, agree your targets and discuss any challenges you face
- Record the feedback from your staff and pupils
- Add your story to the STARS website. You could include communications with Eco-Schools, your submission to show you are working towards your award, or a picture of your Eco-Schools certificate/award
This activity counts towards:
How it helps
- Reduces the impact on your local environment
- Promotes positive travel behaviours
- Raises awareness of air quality