About this activity
Suitable for primary and secondary schools.
NB: We’re bringing together all the TfL education programmes, including STARS, under one exciting new umbrella programme called TfL Travel for Life. They will be the same great programmes, but with a new name and a new look, easier online process and dedicated support team. STARS for primary schools will be renamed TfL Explorers. STARS for secondary schools will be renamed TfL Pioneers.
Offer children that have cycled to school a free breakfast on arrival at school to reward them and encourage others to get cycling by highlighting the benefits of active travel.
What you’ll need
- Healthy breakfast options. You could speak to your school's kitchen or borough officer about supplying or funding the breakfast
- A table for the breakfast options and promotional materials. If possible, locate the table near the bike shed or in a prominent position. Add some balloons or flags to make it welcoming
Photo: Gary Manhine
This activity counts towards:
- Travel activity
How it helps
- Encourages interaction with other children
- Promotes exercise as part of the daily routine
- Gateway to other cycling initiatives