About this activity
Suitable for primary and secondary schools.
Offer children that have cycled to school a free breakfast on arrival at school to reward them and encourage others to get cycling by highlighting the benefits of active travel.
What you’ll need
- Healthy breakfast options. You could speak to your school's kitchen or borough officer about supplying or funding the breakfast
- A table for the breakfast options and promotional materials. If possible, locate the table near the bike shed or in a prominent position. Add some balloons or flags to make it welcoming
Photo: Gary Manhine
This activity counts towards:
- Travel activity
How it helps
- Encourages interaction with other children
- Promotes exercise as part of the daily routine
- Gateway to other cycling initiatives