Youth Travel Ambassadors (YTA)
About this activity
Suitable for secondary school pupils (Key Stages 3 and 4). Supports the PSHE and Citizenship National Curriculum.
The Youth Travel Ambassador (YTA) programme provides young people aged 11 to 19 with the skills and confidence to address transport issues affecting their school community.
With support from TfL, the borough and school staff, YTA teams research and develop behaviour change campaigns, focusing on:
Active travel, encouraging more walking and cycling to school
Road safety, sharing key road safety messages
Improving the passenger experience by promoting responsible behaviour on the transport network
If your school would like to take part in YTA, contact your borough's road safety officer or school travel advisor or email [email protected]
What you’ll need
- A group of YTA students (we recommend no more than 12)
- A member of school staff to oversee and coordinate the scheme
- A dedicated YTA noticeboard at your school
This activity supports the Vision Zero target to eliminate death and serious injuries on London’s streets.
This activity counts towards:
- Travel activity
How it helps
- Supports the PSHE National Curriculum
- Supports active travel projects
- Encourages class participation and team work
- Offers funding opportunities