About this activity
Suitable for primary and secondary school pupils. Supports the PE, PSHE and Citizenship National Curriculum.
Bikeability is a cycle training programme designed to give pupils the skills and confidence to ride their bikes on the road. The training is delivered by all 33 London boroughs and is available for free to schools across the Capital.
There are three levels of Bikeability training:
- Control and master your bike in an off-road environment
- Cycle on-road and deal with traffic on short journeys
- Tackle a wider variety of more challenging road and traffic conditions (suitable for competent cyclists of secondary-school age)
Contact your borough officer for more information and to book training for your school.
Special Educational Needs (SEN) schools can adapt Bikeability training to their pupils' needs. Watch this video to see how West Lea School, an SEN secondary school in Enfield, got their pupils cycling.
This activity counts towards:
- Travel activity
How it helps
- Supports the PE and PSHE National Curriculum
- Encourages safe interaction with other road users
- Encourages independent travel