Cycle parking installed
About this activity
Suitable for primary and secondary schools.
Install cycle parking to encourage your pupils and colleagues to cycle to school rather than take the car. This can help reduce congestion and improve road safety and air quality around the school gates.
Speak to your borough officer for ideas on obtaining funding for cycle parking.
Please note: you can only mark this activity as complete once your cycle parking is installed.
How to evidence your activity
- Involve your borough officer: Share your ideas, agree your objectives and discuss any challenges you face
- Record the feedback from your pupils, their parents/carers and colleagues. Keep a track of how your new parking facilities are used
- Sign in to STARS to add your story. Explain the activity, add photos of your new cycle parking and any bike counts you do
This activity counts towards:
- Travel activity
How it helps
- Promotes exercise as part of the daily routine
- A healthy way to get to school
- Encourages daily active travel