Bike security marking event
About this activity
Suitable for all schools.
Hold a bike security marking event to help pupils and staff keep their bikes safe. Marked and registered bikes can be returned to their owners more easily if stolen and found by the police.
These events are run by the police and allow the whole school community to bring their bikes to be security marked and registered.
You could combine a bike marking event with a bikers' breakfast to encourage pupils and staff to bring in their bikes.
Contact your borough officer or nearest Safer Transport Team for more information or to organise a session.
How to evidence your activity
- Involve your borough officer: Share your ideas, agree your targets and discuss any challenges you face
- Record the feedback from your staff and pupils. Note how many bikes were marked on the day
- Add your story to the STARS website. Explain your activity and add photos of the event. Include examples of any communications with your borough officer or the police and the number of bikes registered
This activity counts towards:
- Travel activity
How it helps
- Promotes positive travel behaviours
- Encourages community involvement